27 January 2010

On The Wagon

Hi. My name is Holden, and I am proud to say that it's been 26 days since I last hit the bottle.
It was a slow process, I gave it up one bottle at a time. There were times, especially at the beginning, where I would drink a whole bottle 5, maybe 6 times a day. Sometimes I would even get up at night to drink it. But gradually I cut back until I was bottle free.
It was expensive, too. My mom and dad (being enablers) estimate they spent over $1000 supporting my formula habit over the last 15 months.
It definitely hasn't been easy, particularly when I am around other babies who are still using. I can't say I haven't tried to rip bottles out of the hands of innocent children. But it gets easier every day.
So thanks for your support everyone. If you see me on the street with a sippy cup, just know that it is water, maybe milk, but NEVER formula, and I couldn't have done it without all of you.
Love, Holden

(me, in much earlier days, displaying what my parents called my "drunk" face)


No comments: