18 July 2010

So Long, Farewell

It is an unwritten rule that I like my friends to stay close to home so I can see them whenever I please. For the most part people comply with these rules. But for some reason THESE three

decided that moving across the country to go to medical school was more important than me being able to see them willy nilly. Naturally, we needed to have a going away bash, but since our go to hostess with the mostess was the guest of honor, the rest of us scrambled to step up to the plate. Good news! The party turned out anyways, even with me as one of the organizers.

We did a lot of this...

and then posed for some formal shots, since who knows what kind of grown ups we will all look like when they get back.

Lastly, we had the children (minus baby Ember, who had the good sense to go to bed before the madness started) provide the evening's entertainment by trying to get them to pose for a photo. This is the best I got.

I know what you are thinking, THAT was the best you got? Sad but true, primarily because SOMEONE's child (the one on the left with the apparent glass eye) was not being very cooperative. The other children were not pleased.

But hey, I wouldn't be either. The little show off thought we were there to take pictures of him dancing. Seriously, some people's children...

Dear Derek, Lara and Jack. We will miss you lots, so come visit lots. Thanks.

1 comment:

Lara Vanhille said...

Julie,
You are so sweet!This post made me get teary-eyed! We are going to miss you so very much! Thanks for being the amazing friend that you are! And thanks again for putting together a party for us! We love you guys!