30 May 2011

What's New With Two

A post for all the Holden fans out there.  If you are not a Holden fan, feel free to skip this one.  Then again, if you are not a Holden fan, you probably quit my blog a long time ago.
Holden is two and a half now, and it is quite clear that the best part of two and a half year olds (besides the tantrums, which are awesome) is the funny things they say.  Here are some gems as of late...


Best Caught Being Naughty Moment--
Reo:  Holden, did you spit your drink all over the floor?
Holden:  Yes.
Reo:  Why did you do that?
Holden:  Well, there is just one reason that I can't really think about right now.

Best Bedtime Stall Tactic--
"After bath, I am going to go to Sea World and Kindergarten!"

Best Break Your Heart Moment--
Holden:  I need something to make me feel better.
Me:  What do you need?
Holden:  Some medicine.
Me:  What hurts?
Holden:  My Feelings.

Best Diet Coke Related Moment--
Yelling into the opening of a vending machine:  "Can I please get a large Diet Coke please?"

Best Cat's in the Cradle Moment--
Holden:  I am going to Disneyland when I am three. 
Reo:  With who?
Holden: Mommy, and Grandma and Grandpa.
Reo:  Can I come too?
Holden:  No, you will be at school.

Best Example of My Parenting Fails--
Holden:  "Seriously, Holden?  Are you kidding me right now?" (to himself, after doing something that he was not satisfied with)

Best One Liners--
"First things first..."
"Are you calling me a liar?"
"Is this mine, yes or no?"
"I think I will just stand here and be happy."

Seriously, where does he come up with this stuff? 

2 comments:

Amber said...

haha!! I love it.

coleman said...

That was awesome!! 2 is such a fun age! They are full of funny things :)