19 September 2011

Survival Mode

Summer officially comes to an end this week.  This usually makes me really really sad.  This year is a little different.  Whenever anyone asked me if I had any fun plans for this summer, I was usually only partly kidding when I answered "survive."   Our whole family spent the summer in what I like to call Survival Mode.

He spent the summer working like crazy at a new job and finishing up a particularly demanding quarter of school filled with daily conference calls and a killer Finance class.  
To show for this he has a brand spanking new diploma.  We are also all carrying about 2 pounds of graduation cake weight (that Costco cake is good stuff!).  

He survived an absentee father and exhausted mother, and way more hours than I would like to admit of Netflix streaming.
To show for it has has an intimate friendship with the cast of Superwhy, and as a result can spell the word spell.

I survived spending a lot of time lounging here, on my BFF, my new couch.
I know, lazy, right??  Probably so, but apparently growing a person once again takes a lot out of me.  And I have now officially grown almost 42 percent of a person.  Come March 1st(ish) 2012 the fruits of my laying on the couch  labors will be fulfilled.

So, while I am always sad to see summer go and will be cursing winter before I know it, I will not miss having an MIA husband, TV zombie child or morning sickness.  I do miss Diet Coke.

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

Congrats on expecting! That is so exciting! I hope you are feeling better.

Lara Vanhille said...

YAY!!!!! We are so excited for you guys and excited that our new little ones will be BFF's! Hope you are feeling okay! Miss you guys!

Sally Montgomery said...

Oh my heck! This is awesome!! So excited, can't wait!