06 April 2012

The Kids Are Alright

For those of you who may have been concerned that my lack of posting meant that having two kids has done me in, this one is for you.  It's not a pretty post.  But my mom has an innate ability to tell when Holden and I are about to be on enemy terms and whisks him away on some awesome grandma adventure (someone please tell me why I am trying to move out of here), so I am on borrowed time.

Despite the long and frustrating learning curve that comes with having to start sharing everything when you have pretty much never had to hear the word share in your whole life, Holden remains as cute as ever.  His love for The Beatles still reigns on (although he is increasingly becoming a fan of the Foo Fighters as well).   Here he is jamming out.  Since this is not a pretty post, it hasn't been edited for content or to fit in the time allowed, but I still think it is worth your time to take a peek. Plus, you can hear Harper hiccuping in the background, and that is cute stuff, my friends.



Despite having an overzealous big brother with an affinity for trying to push in her soft spot, Harper continues to thrive and be pretty much an adorable angel baby.   In typical second child fashion, she has far fewer pictures of her than Holden had at this age.  The biggest reason for this is because I never want to put her down long enough to take her picture.  She is super cuddly and I am too busy taking advantage of every second of that to bother with documenting it.  I do manage to sneak in a camera phone picture here and there, and here is one to prove that she does exist.


So there you have it.  Enjoy, because who knows when the next post is coming your way.  Seriously, when I had a kid I had to learn how to do things one handed.  Now that I have two, I am trying to learn how to do things no handed.....What do people with three kids do, try to grow an extra arm?  
At least I completed something on my 30 by 30 list!  (#3)

2 comments:

coleman said...

Super cute video...and that little girl of yours is adorable!!!

Mandy said...

It is such a hard transition from one kid to two, I thought once I had transitioned to mom after Aspen was born I was due for smooth sailing... boy was I wrong! It does get better though and now I love watching Aspen & Ember play together.