30 April 2012

Two and Three (.5)

So, not only do I have two kids now, I have two kids that kinda do stuff.  In Harper's case it is things like grow, sleep, etc.  but in my mind this kid is too cute to not be documenting.  As always, if these kinds of posts aren't your thing, feel free to skip this one.  And also, please just pretend that the things I am writing and the pictures have anything to do with each other.

Harper at 2 months--

The Stats:
Height-22.5 inches (50th percentile)
Weight-12 lbs 11 oz (80th percentile) (and back to being the kind of giant baby the Manning house has become accustomed to)
Head: 15.5 inches (20th percentile)  (not at all a size the Manning house is accustomed to)
Who would have thought such a random assortment of percentiles would make such a freakin' cute baby?  But it sooo does...

Likes :  Bathtime, Baby Talk, Being Wrapped up super tight just so that she can bust her little arms out.
Dislikes:  Getting dressed, being hungry
Indifferent About:  Everything else, including all sorts of nearly violent acts her older brother tries to throw her way.


Skills:  Smiling, cooing, waving (not really, but the picture below kind of begs to differ), sleeping a 5 or 6 hour stretch at night .


Mom's favorite thing about her:  The girl is one NOISY sleeper.  Grunting, wheezing, heavy stalker breathing, the occasional snore...she does it all.  Which works out well for me.  I only have to put my hand on her chest a couple of times a night to make sure she is breathing instead of a couple times an hour like I did with Holden.  (Other people do that, right?  That is normal, totally unparanoid behavior??)



Holden at 3.5 years--

Stats:
Height--Pretty Tall
Weight--Super Heavy (especially when he wants to be carried while I also trying to lug around a giant baby and her massive carseat)
Head--Big as ever


Likes:  Swim Lessons,  "Partying" with the Archibalds (my parent's neighbors), having "slumbovers" with his Aunt Emily or in my mom and dad's room.
Dislikes:  Going to bed, dressing himself.
Indifferent About:  Using the potty.  Still.  I don't really want to talk about it.  


Skills:  Taking millions of self portraits on my phone without my knowledge, spelling his name for strangers.


Mom's favorite thing about him:  Like usual, it's the crazy things that this boy says...Some recent gems:

"Umm, that didn't really go so well."  (After an attempt to go to the bathroom alone.  You don't want more details, I promise).
"I got so excited I slipped and hurt my teeny tiniest toe."
"Is this new water or is it soggy?"
While Harper was crying.. "Harper, I told you, I don't like it when you bother me!"

Wow, these kind of posts are lots longer with two kids...If you made it this far, congratulations, and you are probably related to me. 

2 comments:

jones family said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha OH MY GOSH holden is freakin hilarious!!!

p.s atleast you blog.. BAM!

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

so cute! Love your kids! We miss you here. Are you in your new house yet? I hope that all is going well.