31 July 2012

Legit

Well, it finally happened.  We are real live parents now. The Manning household has seen its first big "owie."  Apparently my constant reminders to everyone to "be careful!" was not a flawless plan.  Last week, our typical afternoon pool rat routine ended at Instacare when according to Holden he was "jumping into the pool and (insert unintelligible jibberish here) and split my chin RIGHT OPEN!"  He'll tell you all about it if you want...Or even if you don't want.

Three stitches later---

And five days after that they're gone---
This was him right after some pretty harsh accusations.   "You LIED to me!  It didn't tickle!  It HURT!"  Mom of the year right here, people.  In my defense, I didn't realize that there were some pretty deep stitches going on in that chin.

Oh well, nothing a Spiderman sticker, a sucker and a bright orange Band Aid can't fix.

And also some late afternoon underwear modeling....Calm down everyone, it's never been worn underwear.  And look at both of them looking at me like it's no big deal.  Seriously mom, no need for the camera here, move along.

3 comments:

Cami Wing said...

Julie!! Your blog is HILARIOUS!!!!! I laugh so hard every single time!!!
Plus that underwear picture is adorable

Cami Wing said...

Also the computer just put me as Unknown... This is Cami and I am known

Shannon Martin said...

Those kids are so stinking cute!!!!! I just want to squish them both. That picture with the underwear is hysterical!