26 January 2013

Back To December

 So, I know December was almost one whole month ago.  I fully intended to do this post ages ago, but, you know. Life and stuff.  Better late than never, because more awesome stuff happened in December besides the usual....

1.  My brother got married!  I do not approve of December weddings, but since everyone insists on doing it anyways and also no one asked my opinion, I got to take a whirlwind vacation to Oakland, California to see the nuptials in person.  And also, it was a really good wedding, so all is forgiven on the whole December thing.



I expected to feel like a celebrity, taking two flights in less than twenty four hours.  I mostly just felt smooshed.  Turns out lots of people travel four days before Christmas.  Who knew?

Then, we got to celebrate again a few days later at a reception held back on Utah turf.  Don't mind the kids...they were really happy to be there, promise!


See?  That's more like it!


I'm pretty sure these two were happy about the whole thing, also.



2.  One of my favorite things about December is everyone knows that Hermit-Mode (AKA January) is creeping up quick so we snuck in lots and lots of playdates.  Holden doesn't hold still for pictures much at his, but look how many friends lucky little Harper has!

These two like to get together and look at their moms like we are already sooo embarrassing to them.  


and these two are cousins so Harper feels comfortable going in for the neck grab.


These two live clear across the country from each other the rest of the year, but already know that the fastest way to BFF-dom is inadvertently dressing the same.



No comments: