20 October 2013

Revenge Of The Fifth

Can I count my kid's birthdays as my favorite holiday?  Because if so, I am totally doing it.  Holden asked for a Star Wars party this year, which was easy peasy other than the fact that I haven't ever actually SEEN a Star Wars movie, nor did I intend to, even for birthday party research purposes. But with the help of my BFF Pinterest, and my assistant party planner Holden, I feel like we got the job done.

We decorated:

We only remembered to take photos of about half our guests, as usual.  Also, don't mind Harper's grumpy face.  She wasn't feeling great that day.  Or she had a bitter case of birthday envy:

We ate our Star Wars themed dinner:


And played my new favorite go to party game.  Seriously, I want to have more parties just so I can play this game. Who'd come?


I baked my little heart out for our Wookie Cookie party favors:


All that baking wore me out and  inspired me to take a year off from my annual cake fail.  We ordered a plain cake from Costco instead and Holden and I "decorated" it together.  That ended up being one of my favorite parts of his birthday festivities, so maybe I'll stick with that plan from here on out:


Holden's favorite part was probably opening the presents.  He is five, after all.


All in all it was probably one of my favorite parties to date. Crazy October schedules caused us to have the party a week early, so we got to spread the birthday fun out even longer than normal.  A breakdown of the actual big day is on it's way.

No comments: