03 March 2014

Harper Turns TuTu

Although Harper will probably hate having a winter birthday most of her life (as those of us with winter birthdays tend to do)  I, for one am thankful that her birthday provides a break in the monotony that is a Utah winter.  
We celebrated Harper turning two with a low key tutu bash that was easy to execute and still involved a bazillion yards of tulle, so I count Harper's birthday as a success! Except for yet another cake fail.  Thankfully Kneaders came through with yummy tarts, because as my good friend Christian Bale would say, cake baking and I are officially done professionally.  


I drank about 10,000 Italian sodas (and am still benefiting from the yummy Sonic ice leftover in my freezer) so it's safe to say those were my favorite part.


It was a small crowd this year, so we Facetimed in our newly residing in Chicago peeps to make things a little more festive.

Harper loved being the star of the show and continues to sing Happy Birthday to herself every day, so I think she had fun, too.


And since I'm fully aware that when it comes to a birthday party for a two year old, it's all more for me than them, I made sure Harper's actual big day was all about her.  We celebrated with cupcake pajamas, whipped cream on our breakfast oatmeal, the birthday girl's request for "chiiiicken!!!" for lunch, trips to the children's museum and the park (since the weather could not have been more perfect), and presents and sugar cookies bars (I was serious about the no more cake thing) when Reo got home.  Even the toughest members of our family to please (I'm looking at you, Holden) considered the day a win!


1 comment:

Cami Wing said...

you are so cute Harper. We love you!!!