17 March 2015

Things About Three

Although she promised me otherwise, Harper went ahead and turned three.  A Minnie Mouse party was in the works, until Doc McStuffins suddenly and swiftly took over our lives and we all knew that we had to make it happen.
After binge watching a few episodes, I think we came up with a pretty solid Doc Mcstuffins plan.
On the menu:
Chilly's Chili
Doc McStuffins Cornbread Muffins
An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away Salad
Lambie-nade
Kisses For Your Boo Boos
Bandaids For Your Ouchies
"Vitamins"
....and of course my new go to, a Costco cake.


Pregnancy > Motivation to make a cute party, so it was in no way the most extravagant party ever thrown, or even my favorite, but Harper was a happy camper, which is all that matters in the end.


My goal for my next party is to actually remember to take pictures of the people who came.  I failed big this year.  Rest assured, there were in fact people at Harper's party.

Harper's birthday was similarly low key.  Early morning presents, meeting up with dad for lunch at Chick Fil A, and melting my heart by turning down an offer to go to the children's museum so that she could go to to Boondocks when Holden was done with school instead.  And ice cream.  It was a good day for everyone.
And despite all my complaining about three year olds, it's going to be a great year.  I can feel it.  And I'm practicing my deep breathing skills.

No comments: