23 October 2008

An American Girl Tragedy


Today I got my American Girl Doll catalog in the mail. I know, why would a grown up woman be getting an American Girl catalog, right? Because, ever since I was little I have looked forward to getting my catalog and wishing that I could have the Samantha doll. I would pretend that I had all her clothes and accesssories, since there was no way in real life that I would get the doll since she was $90. So, for sentimental purposes, I still get the catalog occasionally.

BUT, what should I see on page 2 of the catalog, but that they are retiring the Samantha doll! She is now only available while supplies last! I couldn't believe it. My first instinct was to call and order one right then, but I realize that is not the most practical thing to do, given that I just brought home a kind of expensive addition to my family.

So instead, I will just tribute this blog post to an American Girl legacy, and hope that I get her for Christmas ;)!

1 comment:

Amber said...

oh no!!!! that is the worst news I have heard all day. Samantha was always the most fancy one and I was always a little bit jealous of my sister Nicole for having her. I had Addy, who I loved, but she was never as fancy as Samantha... (remind me to tell you show you in the catalog what Taylor got for her birthday, it might be faster to show you what she did not get...)