19 October 2008

Back at Home

So we brought little Holden home today. He was not a fan of getting dressed in more than a shirt, but then again, who likes pants anyway? The outfit we took for him to come home in was a 3 month outfit, we figured that it wouldn't be that big of a deal. We were wrong. He was swimming in that thing. Even the hat was too big, which is weird for a kid with such a huge head. Either way, we made it home. Here is Holden being very angry that he had to wear real clothes:






We took him to Julie's parents' house for a family dinner and he was very well behaved. He was even awake while we ate dinner, but didn't make a fuss, which was good since he was not being held. So far so good, although, we aren't quite at the "first night". Right now he is sleeping next to mom and they are both pretty peaceful, I'm sure it will change.

On a non-baby related note, I had the chance to see my favorite NHL team play here at the E Center two weeks ago. Initially I was just going to go by myself, thinking that Holden would have possibly arrived by October 5th. But, Julie was nice enough to go with me at the last minute. So I dragged my 39 1/2 week pregnant wife to a hockey game, and she was nice enought not to complain or look bored the whole time, which I appreciated. Either way, the Kings lost 3-1, but I was just psyched to see my favorite players in person. I took probably 50 pictures (which Julie referred to as "nerdy"), here are a few that I like best and thought I would share.

Here is Kings goalie Jason LaBarbera. I tried to get a better shot of him, but the "no flash" and rink netting made it difficult.

Here is the back of Kings center Anze Kopitar. Not an exciting picture but I just thought it was cool that I was seeing him in person.



1 comment:

shannon1975 said...

Awww, little baby Holden is just like big uncle Dave. He has an aversion to pants also!