14 February 2009

Putting St. Valentine To Shame

Valentine's Day highlights at the Manning household.

1. Dressing Holden in "festive" (ie red) attire. He was thrilled. 2. Looking at Holden's super cute sleeping face. He sucks on his lower lip until he gets a hickey from it.
3. Attempting to make heart shaped pizza like I saw on the Papa Murphy's commercial (I am very impressionable.) No pictures of this, as I was too angry that my heart shaped pizza looked like a kidney bean.


4. Deciding to make Valentine's Day sugar cookies to deliver to family and friends.


5. Realizing that as I cannot remember the last time I made sugar cookies , I have no food coloring to make pink frosting, and minimal decorative sprinkles..And that my decorating icing has all dried up.


6. Deciding to make do with what we have.

7. Realizing that making do with what we have = very sad sugar cookies.

8. Agreeing that we did not want to go outside in the snow to deliver embarrassingly sparse sugar cookies.

9. Feeling sad about my lack of domestic talents.

10. Finding this super cute Valentine surprise on my bed to make me excited for Spring!




Happy Valentine's Day!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun!! It looks like it was a great day :) You need to come down and go to that cupcake place with me sometime, you would love it. And I would even let Reo play with my iphone. AND cute purse! Did Reo pick it out all by himself? If so, I am most impressed.

Amber said...

P.S. The above posted comment was me, I was just accidentally logged in as Craig. He is pretty upset by the whole fiasco.