09 February 2009

Trying to Sell Me on What I Already Bought

I guess you could classify this as beef, since it is something that doesn't matter, but annoys me nonetheless. So, since I paid what some would call a ridiculous amount of money for a Playstation 3 (I would just refer to it as "my baby," but apparently, referring to an inanimate object as your "baby" when you actually have a child somehow makes you a bad parent), I figured that I should get the most out of it. One way to do this is to utilize it as a Blu-Ray Disc player. Since we have a sweet deal (one might call if tenure) with Blockbuster Online, I figured I'd get as many of our movie rentals on Blu-Ray that I can.

This is all well and good. The beef comes in the form of previews. For some reason, 99% of the Blu-Ray movies I watch have a "preview" for Blu-Ray movies in general. I'm not sure why the movie studios feel like they need to sell me on Blu-Ray when I'm already watching it. I know how great it is, that's why I rented the movie that way. Plus, you usually can't skip this preview. This may sound trivial, but it's like having a car salesman explain why you should buy your car for a good two minutes. Every time you get behind the wheel. It gets old pretty quick.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So there's this new thing called Blu-Ray, you should check it out.

I hear you, stupid ads on movies that I already paid for. They're everywhere.

Unknown said...

This has totally pissed me off with regular DVDs too... when they first started releasing DVDs it was so awesome cause the movie would just start and then you could go to the menu or skip to the next chapter. Well then those studio morons decided that I should have to sit through 60 seconds of piracy warnings and legal BS (oh, you mean the studio executives don't agree with Rainn Wilson's commentary? SHOCKING.) before it starts to play the unskippable logos and then finally go to the previews, where you can only skip through all 6 of them, NOT bypass them all at once by pressing menu. And they wonder why people are still using torrents...