27 May 2009

Why Diapers Are So Expensive

For the most part, I consider myself to be a pretty efficient person. But every once in awhile, I will do something that makes me realize that perhaps I am not as efficient as I like to think. We currently have 5 different types of diapers at our house. FIVE. What possible need could we have for all these diapers? ($70 worth, in case you were wondering)

1. Luvs--Because they are 4 dollars cheaper per box, and I was feeling poor one day and gave them a try. I didn't see much difference, so I decided to continue to save 4 dollars per box.
2.Pampers--Because marketing is very effective on me, and I just can't bring myself to trust the cheaper brand when out in public.
3. Huggies Overnight--Bought in an attempt to stop major leakage issues we were having, when else, overnight! (Not as effective as I would have hoped, by the way)
4. Little Swimmers--Because, for reasons I am not aware of and don't care enough to research, babies apparently need special diapers for the pool...Which Holden will be going in a LOT this summer if it ever gets warm enough.
5. Huggies Naturals--Because I had a freakin' AWESOME coupon, and, as my title suggests, diapers are EXPENSIVE!

As I stared at all these diapers today, I realized that this is probably not normal...I bet most people get by with just one kind of diaper and don't even think twice. But alas, that would be too easy for me.

To think, all this to cover this one tiny behind...

(Sorry if the PG-13 nature of this photo offends anyone)

1 comment:

Amber said...

hahaha, I am pretty sure I didn't even know there were so many varieties of diapers, but I also know I would do the exact same thing, so no worries :)