13 July 2009

Yurt-Venture = Yurt-Saster

Now that I spend 90+ percent of my day at home, I expressed to my dear husband in the most mature of ways that perhaps it would do my psyche good to go away for the weekend (I believe pouting and the phrase "I never get to go ANYWHERE" were involved).


Since I could not get him to agree to the 16 hour drive to Mt. Rushmore (although I am working on it), we compromised by going to the small Central Utah town of Manti to stay in a Yurt. We also conned my sister and brother in law into going, promising all sorts of Yurt-citing things advertised on this particular campground's website, ie horseshoes, a miniature pony, and of course, the Yurt itself.

What is a Yurt, you may be asking yourself? I would tell you, but I am still a little sad/embarrassed that my exciting trip was such a Fail. Luckily, my sister, who writes for a living, documented all things Yurt on her blog. You can read about it here (and you should. it is funny. much funnier than I could explain it. like I said, writing is her JOB).

And the worst part? I saw no miniature pony....I did, however, see a whole bunch of dead bugs all over the bathroom counter. Ew.

1 comment:

Amber said...

haha oh no... I am sorry your yurt didn't live up to expectations... There is still time to come with us to Mt. Rushmore... I bet it was fun to see good ol' Ephraim though AND go to Walmart. If you stopped at Maverick for a soda you pretty much relived our whole existence there :)