07 August 2009

Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention

Except I didn't invent bread crumbs. I did, however, have meatball gunk up to my elbows and a sleeping baby, and only half of the prepackaged bread crumbs I needed to complete the recipe.
So, my twice..no, wait, THRICE used food processor and I created my very first homemade breadcrumbs. And lo and behold, it worked! Impressed? I thought so.

(Photo below is the food processor I own, courtesy of my sister-in-law, Shannon. I promise we use the blender part all the time, Shannon, so the wedding gift has not been going unused!)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! How handy of you. I am impressed. I was actually impressed by the fact that you were making homemade meatballs. I am sure that they were much tastier than the giant bag of frozen pre-made meatballs I buy from Costco... add in homemade breadcrumbs... I am speechless.

Shannon Martin said...

Wow Julie, I AM IMPRESSED!!! I'm with your friend on this one-the fact you were making homemade meatballs is as impressive as your ingenuity and problem solving skills!

I used to have that blender. I miss it. :(
Ok, now it's official-I am going to Costco today to buy a replacement!