21 April 2010

Best Of: San Diego!

I know, I know. Other people's vacation photos are pretty much the least exciting thing ever. But I figured anything was better than the picture of my feet that has been front and center on this blog for the last week. Plus, although you may THINK I posted every single picture I took on our vacation, you'd be wrong. I promise, only the best of the best made the cut (hence the name "best of").

1. Gigantic pancakes at my new favorite restaurant, Hash House A Go-Go. Below you see Reo's bacon pancake, which was delightful even to a non bacon lover like myself, but my Strawberry Frosted Flake pancake was delish as well...Do other people take pictures of their food, or is that just something we do in my family? No matter, it was GOOD!

2. Touring the Whaley House in Old Town San Diego. It is rumored to be one of the most Haunted Houses in AMERICA. Plus, Holden didn't like it one bit, so I am pretty sure his tender child spirit was drawing out all sorts of ghosties.
There's one!
Oh, wait. False alarm. That's just Holden being mad at me because I was trying to make he and Reo pose like the creepers in the portrait behind him.

3. Discovering that Holden, like his parents, LOVES the beach. That kid could have filled his bucket with sand all day...
until he discovered the ocean (which I swore none of us would step foot in due to the fact that is is April and that water is COLD!). Poor kid was dragged kicking, screaming and shivering away from the water.

4. Spending a day with the animals of the San Diego Zoo, where Holden learned all sorts of new words like Go-weela, Cwoc-dile, and "Oooh, I touch it!" (thankfully we did the petting zoo last, or he would have been right in that panda habitat trying to make a new friend.)


5. Realizing that children are more of a novelty in San Diego than in Utah. I mean, I will be the first to tell you that I think my kid is pretty much the most adorable thing ever, but you would have thought he was an Olson twin the way people were fawning all over him. But seriously, what's not to love?

2 comments:

visiter check in said...

bacon pancakes... gee, I should try that! ;)

Shannon Martin said...

You know, Holden's Aunt Shannon lives right down the street from several beaches.....

I'm just sayin. He could see the Pacific and the Atlantic before his 2nd birthday!