20 November 2010

Favorite Things...Oprah Style

Yesterday was the Oprah's Favorite Things episode. Watching that episode inspired me to blog about some of my favorite things, which you surely care about, or you wouldn't be reading my blog, right? Also, just to be clear, I am not giving you any of things. I'M not Oprah. But feel free to check them out yourselves!

Modern Family: Clearly I am not the only person who watches this show, it's a pretty big deal. But it is probably my very favorite sitcom since the dearly departed Friends, so I have been waiting a long time for this!


Crazy 8: Affordable children's clothing where the boy clothes are often as cute, if not cuter, than the girl clothes. Because of this, you will often see Holden looking like a walking advertisement for this store.

Steel Cut Oats: Holden and I eat this for breakfast probably like 3 times a week, and Holden probably eats more of it than I do. It is delightful stuff. Now, truthfully, I am an oatmeal lover in general, so I may be biased, but trust me on this. And put maple syrup on it. You won't be sorry.

Redken All Soft Line: Reo has been super busy with school and work these days, which means that I didn't exactly have tons of afternoons free to get my haircut sans child. As a result of this, my hair got unreasonable long and slightly out of control. Switching to this conditioner made it so I could actually comb through my hair again and made me one happy camper. And now that my hair is a little less Big Love-esque, the good conditioner is a just a really nice bonus.

McDonalds Drive Through: I feel like it may be fate that McDonalds made all their drinks $1.00 right around the time I had a baby and it would be super inconvenient to get out of the car to get my Diet Coke fix. Kharma and I must be on pretty good terms right now.

The Girl Who Ate Everything Blog: I have now tried a bunch of recipes from her blog, and not one has disappointed me yet. Click on the button below if you want to go to there.
Photobucket
Pumpkin Bars: These delightful little treats are waiting to be shoved in my mouth right now, making my house smell like pumpkiny goodness...Well, not THESE exact pumpkin bars. Mine are still cooling and therefore are lacking frosting, but I fully intend for mine to look like this in a few short hours. Minus the super cute cake stand, because, well, I don't have one of those.

So there you have it, my very favorites as of November 2010. All rights to mind changing reserved. Anything to add?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Love this :) not surprisingly, I have a very similar list of favorite things.