07 November 2010

Welcome Home...

Back in the day, (you know, three months ago) I would come home from work or studying to a warm welcome from Holden. Okay, maybe not warm, but cute. I would open the door and hear little footsteps approaching from somewhere in the house, accompanied by a little boy going, "aaaarrrrrggghhhh". Usually, he would then see me, smile, and turn around and run off. Good times.

Lately, something has changed. Now, I walk through the door and still hear the footsteps. However, instead of the "charming" scream, I get this: "I play Rock Band, Daddy? Play Rock Band?" With this request comes him grabbing my hand and leading me to the living room and the Playstation. I usually have to decline, or at least tell him that we'll play later. It can be tough though, because who can say no to this:

Next time you see Holden, maybe he can sing you a favorite from his playlist:
"The Yeah Yeah Song," AKA Uncontrollable Urge by Devo
Roxanne by the Police
Next To You by the Police
Pump it Up by Elvis Costello

No comments: