30 April 2011

Easter Stuff

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Easter could possibly be my favorite holiday. Here's why.

1. Dying Easter Eggs is just plain fun. And I am a fan of the hard boiled egg, so it doesn't even bother me to eat them afterwords.

2. Holden had no complaints about the process.

3. And I had no complaints about his chubby little hands that remind me just how little he still is. Nor did I have complaints about the awesome mess-free (in theory) stamping egg dying kit I found instead of those terror inducing cups of dye.

4. Easter candy is clearly the best candy ever (obviously). And your kid has to go find it in his cute pajamas (or his nasty sweatpants and a tee shirt because I was behind on laundry), which makes it that much more fun!

5. There are toys, but not too many.

6. Supposedly, the weather is getting nice enough to play outside with family (don't be fooled, it was wickedly cold in this picture.)

7. I get to play dress up on this little one, although I was solidly unimpressed with my options this year. Holden was solidly unimpressed with the photo shoot that followed, as indicated by his facial expressions that range from deer in headlights, to indifferent, to just plain over it.

8. And finally, I get to experience my annual Easter dessert fail. Seriously. I should not be allowed to bake on Easter. Or make cake pretty much ever.

1 comment:

Hannah Grace said...

I AM SO JEALOUS OF HOLDEN'S SING-A-MA-JIG! He should bring that with him when he comes to stay with us :)