19 April 2011

Stage Parents

Fact:  Reo is a ginormous hockey fan.
Fact: Reo wants to pass this on to his child.
Fact:  Apparently this means Holden must learn how to ice skate as soon as possible.  For instance, the second Holden took his first steps, Reo had grand visions of taking him skating.  I was able to hold him off for another year and a half after that, but the time has come.  So even though Holden's teeny tiny feet were still too small for the smallest ice skates they had, skating we went.  Well, skating THEY went.  Let's not get crazy, I was just there for the pictures.  

I was slightly concerned (AKA almost positive) that Holden would not quite feel the instant love Reo was hoping for, but Reo claimed he understood and would in no way have his feelings hurt if it didn't go according to plan.

As I expected, Holden was a little apprehensive at first...
      

And slightly more so when he saw the empty ice just for him (what can I say? We have friends in high places).


Turns out, he is a fan!   What's not to like, though?  Getting pushed around the ice with little to no effort on your part sounds pretty good to me (well, except for the ice part.  Again, let's not get crazy).


They are both being stoic about it in the photo, but I think both Holden and Reo were thrilled with the way things turned out.
 

As was I, because it means that all my Toddlers and Tiaras nightmares were unnecessary.



3 comments:

Amber said...

ha! We have been watching all kinds of Toddlers and Tiaras lately, so I am also glad that it did not turn into that :) I am glad they had a good time! P.S. There are only 5 1/2 weeks of school left. I think we need to start planning some summertime activities ASAP.

Ian said...

aw! those little skates are soooo darn cute! Ian is the same with Xim and skis.... we see that goes come next winter! We HAVE to play when I am down there in a couple weeks.

Ian said...

sorry, this is Jen. I must be logged into Ian's account