18 June 2011

My Thoughts on Father's Day

(Warning: Wordy post with pictures below to make up for it)
It's been a while since a "Reo" post showed up on here, so I thought I'd end that trend. Tomorrow will be my third Father's Day as an actual father. Being a father, or a parent in general for that matter, isn't always easy. For example, did you know that a two year old boy's favorite thing to do is whatever you have just told him not to do? I had no idea. Anyway, this past year has been especially tough for me, what with juggling work and school and family. Being away from Holden and Julie has been difficult. However, there are two good reasons why being a father this past year has been significantly easier than it could have been, given the circumstances:

1. Juliana. Simply put, she has been an amazing wife through all of my time away from the family. I seriously have no idea how she does it. I always tell her that her job is much more difficult than mine. There are times when I'll call her during the day and Holden is going nuts in the background and she is holding it together like a champ. I could never do that 10 - 13 hours a day, five days a week. I just wanted to say thank you to Julie for taking such good care of Holden and our house while I've been busy with work and school. You really are the best.

2. Holden. Seriously, he tries my nerves sometimes. But honestly, could you stay mad at this kid?


P.S. Sorry for the weird affects and colors, I took the pictures with some weird app on my phone, but seriously, how cute is that kid?

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Umm, pretty sure I am the one who is supposed to be saying nice things about YOU on Father's Day. Thanks for being a great dad!