16 December 2011

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas

I have been determined not to let Christmas slide through my chubby pregnant fingers the way Halloween did, so  we have been living it up with the Christmas activities this year.

Exhibit A:  Since Holden is still not a fan of Santa's beard, we decided to write a letter instead.  Holden can still ask for his Firehouse Legos and Thomas Train Set, but doesn't have to be creeped out by the big guy...Everyone wins.


Exhibit B:  We went to the Festival of Trees and ogled impossibly intricate gingerbread houses and took funny pictures of ourselves while waiting for the REAL point of going, watching the dancers.  That's everyone's favorite part, right?  Oh, that's just Holden, then?  Hmmm..


Exhibit C:  Inspired by the impossibly intricate gingerbread houses, we decided to construct some of our own.  Pay no mind to the fact that if you look too closely you will see that they are actually haunted gingerbread houses.  Halloween clearance will not be ignored, people!  P.S.  Holden put exactly two pieces of candy on the gingerbread house before declaring he was going to go watch Netflix.  Scrooge.


Exhibit D:  We have been doing LOTS of Christmas crafts in our underwear.  Well, Holden is in his underwear.  I am usually wearing sweatpants.

Exhibit E:  We also play with our nativity sets a lot.  I have been finding baby Jesus' all over the house.  Maybe Holden just thinks I need some reminders of the reason for the season.

In non Christmas news--Reo had a birthday.  It went both undercelebrated and under photographed...Sorry honey.  I'll try again next year.

Holden and I celebrated Reo's big day by seeing a movie (some family we are) (also, 30 by 30 alert).
Reo missed out on an empty theater and typical Holden gems such as...
"I used to watch The Muppets when I was a kid!"
"That's okay, I will just leave it at the movie theater." (said after dropping his Junior Mint on the floor).
"Oh no! I forgot my Kitty Piano!"
and finally,
"These Junior Mints are delicious! Even the minty ones!"

More Christmas festivities to come!  

No comments: