12 August 2012

Best Of: Going Unplugged

I spent a good portion of last week "unplugged."  That's a big fat checkmark on #4 of my 30 by 30 list.  Three days with no internet, TV, movies or games on my phone.  Surprisingly, the internet survived without me, and Friday Night Lights was waiting for me on Netflix right where I left off.  So you could say it went off without a hitch.  I MAY have planned the blackout for a few days when I had lots of fun stuff planned anyways to make the withdrawal a little less severe, but that's not cheating, right?

Oh, also?  I kickstarted the whole event the night before by completing number 16 at this restaurant with one of my favorite people who has the nearly psychic ability to call me whenever I could really use a friend.  

Some highlights:


Annual trip to Pineview Reservoir.  This trip always makes me remember that I can never spell reservoir correctly on the first try.  Or the second apparently.  Holden spent the bulk of the day building pirate jails on the sand.


Conning Reo into taking a day off of work for a "Family Fun Day,"  complete with ice cream for lunch, visiting Grandpa's office for a little game of chess, and impromptu bowling when it rained out our afternoon swim.  Harper was there, but hanging out in your carseat all day doesn't result in many pictures apparently.


And of course, we hung around the house, playing with toys and attempting new hairdos.

After feeling pretty darn proud of myself for my accomplishments, we capped off the weekend with our new favorite tradition of Reo and Holden watching America's Funniest Videos, which they both enjoy way too much.

No comments: