07 October 2012

Best Of: September

Number one indicator that I am officially getting old---whole months pass by without me knowing what happened.  Thankfully I took the occasional picture, or September would have been lost from my memory forever.  And it was a good month.  Here are some highlights.

Best Long Awaited Treat:  Peach Berry pie from the Farmer's Market.  I passed by this guy on my way out of the Farmer's Market years ago and hadn't found my way back to him yet.  Until this year. Totally worth the wait.  The cinnamon roll I bought as a decoy to keep the grubby hands of these two off my pie didn't work at all.  Lesson learned.  


Best New Activity:  Going to the Brigham City temple open house.  Holden loved being able to see the inside of a temple, and I have a secret crush on Brigham City.   Win win.



Best Activity That Makes The Most Frequent Appearance on our Blog:  Reo has a not so secret crush on the State Fair.   Now that I have officially boycotted the sheep and found a vendor that sells a whole bag of doughnuts, I can honestly say it's growing on me.





Best Way We Spend Our Tuesdays and Thursdays:  Holden started preschool.  He loves it.  He tells me to wait in the car while he walks in with his friends.  He's practically 13.  In totally, completely, related news, I have started having panic attacks.  



Best Turning Lemons Into Lemonade Moment:  Holden loves the children's museum.  He loves it like Reo loves the State Fair.  Me?  Not so much.  He finally convinces me to take him, and the day we decide to go is the one day a year the museum is closed for cleaning.  We decided a first trip to Build A Bear could ease the pain.


Best Annual Event:  The summer picnic at my dad's work that his grown children still shamelessly attend every year.  Mostly so Holden can participate in the sawdust hunt AKA, most fun activity ever.  Also, the food is good.


Best Example of How Harper spends her time:  Locked up in her carseat or stroller while we are doing all our business.  Poor girl will probably never learn to walk.  She doesn't seem to mind.


1 comment:

Jen said...

I love reading your blog! Your kids are adorable and the stories about Holden crack me up! Fun to see how great your life has been since all those years back in Hawaii:)