18 October 2012

The Happiest Birthday On Earth

 Warning:  Ever since the untimely demise of Picnik, I feel like getting the photos from our activities under control and onto my blog is more effort than the actual activity.  So I am pretty much over this post already, and have just started writing.  Hope you don't mind  the glossed over version.  Since it is pictures of someone else's birthday party, I am going to go out on a limb and say no one will be heartbroken.  Here goes.

Holden has a nasty habit of trying to steal my sister's birthday thunder, so we decided a joint party might ease the blow a little bit.  Joint theme a 32 year old and a 4 year old will both like?  Not a problem when the whole world has Disneyland in common.  Please don't ever tell me if you don't like Disneyland.  I won't be able to take it.  Seriously.

The birthday kids.

Annnnnd, I just noticed the same picture is in here twice.  Pretend you didn't see it.  If I tried to fix it now this post would never get done.   Plus, the "Photo With A Character" Booth was one of my most inspired ideas, if I do say so myself, so getting to see it twice is a blessing, really.  See?
Also pictured:  Toy Story Mania Dart game (I got blisters on my fingers stuffing those darn balloons full of candy, but Holden was out there the whole time, so I'd say it was worth it); Souvenir stand complete with glow sticks and the infamous giant Disney lollipop; and Disneyland Monopoly...always a favorite at this house.  

My dumbed down version of Disneyland food.  

And it wouldn't be a party without my annual cake fail.  I don't exactly have a steady hand.  I've come to terms with it.  

Family Picture, or, why we didn't get family pictures taken this year.  We've always got at least one child on the loose.  Just squint really hard and use your imagination.  

Birthday bash first timers this year:  My grandma (who came from Alaska just for the event, I'm sure); My niece Kelsey (on Grandma's lap); my soon to be sister in law Annie (Yay!); and Harper.  

Not pictured:  Presents.  I figured you'd been through enough.  And it just reminds me that last year I was so impressed Holden blew out his own candles, and this year he read his own birthday cards.  And that just reminds me he is growing up way too fast.  

Phew...We made it.  More about four coming to a blog post near you once I no longer want to swear at my computer screen.  

1 comment:

Amber said...

Words cannot express how much I love this. Can I hire you to throw me the exact same party??