12 June 2013

The Kids Are Alright (Part 2)

This little blog is WAY overdue for a random kid update.  Time is passing, and details are slipping from my memory one scrambled mom brain moment at a time so I have to document what I can.  

Let's start with this little girl, shall we?


What's New:  She finally got some teeth!  I know you were all worried, so sorry about the delay in getting this information to you.   She uses the teeth to smile all cheesy whenever I pull out my phone to check Facebook (and now Instagram!  Find me!) so I am pretty much obligated to take a picture of her adorable face quite frequently.

What's Old:  Since I know there is nothing more interesting than hearing about how tired other people are. She still doesn't sleep.  At night or during the day. Thanks for asking.

How She's Contributing:  She's my little sidekick, to the point that babyproofing hasn't yet become necessary because she's never out of my sight.

How She's Adorable: She sings along to Taylor Swift (unintelligibly) and her crazy, gorgeous hair gets comments everywhere we go.



What Needs To Be Documented:  
Recent stats
Height: 29.75 inches (28th percentile)
Weight: 23 lbs 3 oz (55th percentile)
Head: 18.9 inches (94th percentile)


Moving on to offspring #1

 

What's New:  He finished preschool.  This would be harder to take if his October birthday didn't give me a whole other year before Kindergarten comes calling.  

What's Old:  He can be bribed or threatened to eat anything, but the only three things he eats willingly are dessert, Happy Meals and pancakes.

How He's Contributing:  He keeps us on schedule, never lets me forget a promise, and rats me out to Reo when I let him have a cookie with breakfast.  

How He's Adorable:  He reads himself to sleep every night, writes love notes and gives unsolicited hugs.


What Needs to be Documented:
Crowd favorite! Random stuff Holden says--

To Reo:  "This book is only for young boys and old girls.  YOU are an old boy."
and while roughhousing.  "DAD! You are hurting me! Your own son!"

Character on TV:  How would YOU feel if you couldn't catch the ball?
Holden to TV:  Oh, well, I could catch the ball, so.....

To Me:  "MOM, don't look!  You are not going to like this commercial.  It's all about kids growing up!

While getting lunch: "Mom, do you know what is rude? That customer just gave that worker the stink eye."

and my personal favorite as told to me by his Primary teacher at church:
after being told a story about people drinking out of rivers and streams.
"Wait...if they drank out of rivers and streams, wouldn't they get Dysentary??"

2 comments:

Cami Wing said...

Julie, your kids are the best! I love your blog updates. Please keep them coming.
Ps that bow tie! I can't handle it! He is so so cute.
PPS I love Harper so much and LOVE her cheesy smiles!
Please blog every single day! It makes me feel good in so many ways.
1 Kelsey still doesnt sleep ever either 2 I love how funny you write
3 I love the Holden comments and the Harper smiles.

Sally Montgomery said...

Seriously, your kiddos are hilarious!