10 September 2013

I Guess This Is Growing Up

If Holden had been born six weeks earlier, I'd be sacrificing him to Kindergarten this year.  Luckily for me, he wasn't, so I get another year of Preschool.  I took full advantage and put him in the two day a week class instead of the three.  The way I see it, this is the only time in my life when I get full say of how our day goes, and if I want the freedom to have us hang out in our pajamas all day, I better do it now before I have kids in public school for years and years (and years) to come.   Because when it comes down to it, this kid can push my buttons faster and with more accuracy than probably anyone else in my life, but I pretty much mope around missing him when he's not here.

Obligatory first day of school pic.

Showing off his backpack.


"MOM!  Now take one of me pretending to vomit!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"  Oh to be a four year old boy...


To add insult to injury, Harper's pretty much a grown up now, too.  To prove it, she turned 18 months old and gets to go to nursery at church, leaving me without my sidekick.  There's been remnants of tears at pick up time, but the leaders claim she's doing okay, so I don't think I'll be getting her back as my sidekick anytime soon.

Obligatory first day of nursery pic


The upside is that she went to the doctor and her stats have left me convinced that she's small enough I can still PRETEND she's a baby at least (as long as I ignore her head size.  It's a good thing she has so much hair is all I can say).
Height: 30.75 inches  (23%)
Weight: 23.6 pounds  (39%)
Head: 19.3 inches  (97%)

No comments: