18 October 2010

Holden's Birthday: Parts 1 and 2

Yes, you heard me, parts 1 and 2. And before you get all judgy, let me just remind you that this household hasn't seen a birthday since January, and we were in major need of some celebration.

We started off Holden's birthday weekend with a mother/son trip to the Children's Museum. I was excited about this, Holden not as much, as he requested on multiple occasions that both Cayden and Natalie join us.

Apparently I am okay company, because Holden seemed to have a good time after all. Here he is being enthralled by cupcake liners getting blown around by some sort of fan.

And here he is practicing his crazy eyes in front of the "flower" garden.

Then we met up with Reo for lunch, so that he could get in on the birthday action.

Holden and I then came home to decorate cupcakes to take to various family members. Holden took his job very seriously.

No pictures from the actual deliveries, because this is me we're talking about, and we all know by now that my ability to remember to take photos is hit and miss.

After taking a day to recover, we had some more family over for Holden's Elmo's World themed birthday dinner.

Elmo cupcakes and pizzas, handcrafted by your's truly. The idea was inspired by Dimpleprints .
Also on the menu was Mr Noodles and Cheese, Super Grover's Super Green Beans and Oscar's Trash Can Salad.
Photobucket
Decorations. Thanks to Hillary for the Holden's World logo.
Photobucket
Guests. My mom and my brother Andy must have been sitting in bad places for getting their photo taken, because once again, I failed to document. Sorry, guys!
Photobucket
Obligatory cake all over the face.
Photobucket
Present opening.
Photobucket

All in all, I'd say Holden had a great birthday weekend. And since he hasn't told me any differently, I bet he'd say that too.
The only downside was that it was too nice of weather for Holden and I to wear the Fall-like birthday outfits I picked for us...And let's be honest, when it comes to me, warm weather is never a downside.
Plus, it could be worse. The very same crazy eyes I mocked on my son could have made an appearance on me in the only family photo of the night. Oh, wait...
If you made it through that marathon post you deserve some sort of prize. Leftover Elmo cupcakes, perhaps?

3 comments:

jones family said...

Yah!!! I am so excited to see all the cute pictures!!!
You did so good everything seriously turned
out so cute!! Psshhh you act like you don't have
a crafty bone in your body! I beg to differ!!!
Love it so much!! And love you guys!!!
Happy number two sweet Holden!!!

visiter check in said...

Happy Birthday Holden!! He looks soooo different since we have seen you guys! over due for a visit!

Amber said...

So fun!! Will you plan my next birthday? Elmo theme is fine :)