30 October 2012

Last One. Promise.

Since my kids are pretty much orphans on party days, I was glad Holden's birthday party was over and done with on his actual birthday, so we could spend the day doing whatever he wanted.   Here's how a four year old chooses to spend their birthday...

Park.  Duh.  Loves it.  I had to bribe him to leave by reminding him that we were having lunch with Daddy at McDonald's after.  Poor kid.  We have lunch at the McDonald's by Reo's work all the time and every time Holden  forgets it has no PlayPlace.  It does have an abundance of homeless people.  


Children's Museum.  Duh.  Loves it.  That day was a bonus because Clifford showed up.  Holden did get a little closer, but you guys, children's museum moms are hardcore for the photo op.  I didn't want to lose a limb, so we snapped this picture and got out of dodge.


All the Clifford paparazzi left the construction area totally vacant, so we took advantage.


Then we came home and opened presents.  Duh.  Loved it.  Obvious reasons.


Cardboard castle--good idea in theory, got a big reaction, now resides in pieces in our playroom.  Boys are rough, man.


I asked Holden what he wanted for his birthday dinner.  He said Zupas and I ran with it.  I love Zupas, and really, it's all about me.


The next day Holden got to take a birthday treat to preschool.  He scoured Pinterest (no, I'm not kidding) and finally decided on Scarecrow Crunch.  He didn't seem to mind that what he took to Preschool in no way resembled the original recipe, but did resemble cleaning out my pantry.


Bonus--it was field trip day!  We have an in at the fire station, so Holden and his preschool birthday buddy got a little extra attention.


I forgot to get a good picture of Holden in his birthday hat, so I made him put it on the next day.    How do you people get your kids to look at the camera in pictures?  I give up.  We get lots of profile shots and artsy, staring off into space stuff.


There you have it!  Holden's birthday is officially blogged. Harper is alive and well, BTW.   Expect an onslaught of blog posts about her shortly to ease my second child guilt.  

Side Note:  This is my 200th post.  I know blogging is old news, but I won't let it die.  

No comments: