15 May 2009

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary...

How my "garden" grows.



I have never had a garden. Growing up we never really had a garden. But for some reason, I decided that this year I wanted to have a container garden. Rightfully wary due to past domestic failures (see here , here , oh yeah..and here if you've forgotten said failures), this is what I came up with.



One pre-fabricated deck and patio specific grape tomato container (decorated with Disney stickers by yours truly for that extra special something)

And one "greenhouse" housing chives, parsley and basil that I can only assume was meant for a child to use.

For very obvious reasons, I am a big believer in baby steps lately.

I'll let you know how it goes.


Finally, I was so exhausted from my day of "planting" that this is what we had for dinner.

P.S. You know your attempts are doomed from the start when you have to use "quotes" multiple times in describing what you are trying to accomplish.

1 comment:

Amber said...

haha I LOVE it :) I am attempting Basil and tomatoes this year as well. I will have to post a picture of the state my flowers were in this morning... I am not green thumb, that is all I will say. Also, I got those same Disney stickers in the mail!! I am sure that will add just the right amount of "pixie dust" to your garden and everything will turn out wonderfully.